Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. First identified in a cluster with pneumonia symptoms in Wuhan city, Hubei province of China.
Victory Heights Primary School Covid-19 Readiness
Victory Heights Primary School has developed a comprehensive reopening plan in line with the regulations of the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) alongside other federal entities.
Maintaining health and safety is everyone’s responsibility. Conditions to protect students and staff include:
- Testing all school staff before schools reopen
- Screening all students and staff for temperature at entry point to the school
- Maintaining physical distance guidelines as recommended by the relevant health authorities and reducing the head-count capacity in classrooms.
- Limiting gatherings and suspending group activities such as school celebrations, and sports events; Organizing and managing the students’ working day including mealtimes to avoid high concentrations of students in one place.
- Sterilising the school building, classrooms, laboratories and other facilities regularly;
- Ensuring that support & maintenance service staff do not enter the school when students and staff are present
- Appointing a trained health and safety official to ensure that people and processes in the school comply with health and safety protocol.